Lissa & Nate - Our Fairytale

Lissa & Nate ~ Our Fairytale
Celestial
marriage brings greater possibilities for happiness than does any other relationship. ~Russell M. Nelson

Thursday, March 1, 2012

About Leeks

I have never had a leek or used leeks in cooking before today. This is what I learned. A leak is NOT a "leafy green". It's a giant green onion. Yep! And when I juiced it, my eyes started watering like crazy until I got the carrots in. Poor Bud, eager to watch me, was in the line of fire and his eyes started watering too.

I suppose I should have figured it out. Look at those stems! They look just like green onions!

I will NOT be making that combination juice again. Too bad there was enough juice for 2 servings.

I can't decide if I should just stick to tried and true recipes or continue to experiment and learn about different vegetables in surprising ways. Thoughts?

I have a dull headache forming. Too many leeks perhaps? Sugar withdrawals?

2 comments:

  1. It's a sugar withdrawal Mel. It might last a couple of days. I would recommend upping your fruit intake and adding lemons. Lemon is super alkaline and will help you flush the junk out more quickly, thus eliminating the headaches sooner. You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I can't believe I forgot to get lemons! It'went away fairly quickly but came back again in the evening. Luckily they really were just faint headaches.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...